- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Beam Suntory Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 85 003 953 357) of Level 18, 100 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (“Promoter”). Telephone: 02 8977 9700.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are able to take the prize as outlined in clause 17 below.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Stores (as defined below) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- A participating store is any Cellarbrations, The Bottle-O, Big Bargain or IGA Liquor store in Australia that displays promotional material for the promotion (“Participating Store”).
- For the purposes of clause 7, Qualifying Transactions (defined below) must be completed between the
following dates in each Participating Store to be valid (each a “Purchase Period”):
- Cellarbrations: 10/06/2019 and 07/07/2019;
- The Bottle-O and Big Bargain: 03/06/2019 and 30/06/2019; and
- IGA Liquor: 05/06/2019 and 02/07/2019.
- To be eligible to enter individuals must spend $30 or more on any Canadian Club product in a single transaction at a Participating Store during the applicable Purchase Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). Upon making their Qualifying Transaction, individuals will be handed a promotion card by a member of staff which contains a unique code (“Unique Code”). In the event a Unique Code isn’t automatically given to them, it is the individual’s responsibility to request one.
- To enter individuals must then visit TriptocanadaNYE.ccpromotions.com.au between 03/06/2019 and 11:59pm AEST on 07/07/2019 (“Entry Period”), follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details (including their full name, address, date of birth, mobile number, a valid email address, Unique Code and the Participating Store where the Qualifying Transaction was made) and submit the fully completed online entry form.
- For the removal of doubt, a Qualifying Transaction must be made during a Participating Stores applicable Purchase Period however, subject to the starting date of a Participating Store’s applicable Purchase Period, an entry can be submitted online (once a Qualifying Transaction has been made) at any time during the Entry Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the amount spent in excess of $30 on Canadian Club products in that transaction); (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; ; (c) only one (1) Unique Code per entry is permitted; (d) the same Unique Code cannot be used more than once; and (e) unrecognised codes will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase, that $30 or more was spent on any Canadian Club product and that the purchase was made during the applicable Purchase Period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 09/07/2019 at 3pm AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at TriptocanadaNYE.ccpromotions.com.au 19/07/2019.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for four (4) people to Whistler, Canada for New Year’s
Eve 2019/2020 valued at up to AUD$26,000 (depending on point of departure). Prize includes:
- Four (4) x return economy class airfares from winner's nearest capital city to Vancouver, Canada;
- Return transfers between Vancouver airport and accommodation in Whistler;
- Five (5) nights twin or double share 4-star accommodation in Whistler (check in 29/12/2019 and check out 03/01/2020);
- Four (4) x lift passes and equipment hire (ski or snowboard equipment) for four (4) days;
- AUD$500 spending money for the winner only (awarded via EFT or cheque); and
- Comprehensive travel insurance for four (4) people (subject to clause 18 below).
Prize must be taken to coincide with New Year’s Eve 2019/2020, and travel will be on set dates. The winner and his/her companions must be available to travel between 28 December 2019 and 4 January 2020 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Minimum check in age at hotel accommodation is 21 years. In the event the winner is under the age of 21, one (1) of the winner’s companions must be aged 21 years or over.
Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes) insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. The prize must be taken as a single holiday and cannot be split across multiple holidays. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner and his/her companions are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. No compensation or alternative travel plans will be arranged in the event the winner and/or his/her companions miss their outbound or return flights or fail to meet any check in requirements for any reasons. Any such costs associated with this will be the responsibility of the winner and/or his/her companions. Once the prize has been booked and confirmed no changes are allowed unless authorised by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and if permitted will incur a fee of $150 (including GST) plus any other supplier charges. Prize suppliers/airlines will be chosen at the discretion of 33 Degrees Worldwide Pty Ltd (the Promoter’s prize agency). 33 Degrees Worldwide Pty Ltd will also be available for twenty-four (24) hour support for the winner whilst they are redeeming/participating their prize. The winner may select guests of any age however during the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner acknowledges that the legal drinking age in Canada in 19 years of age or older. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. The winner must finalise the prize booking within six (6) weeks of claiming the prize.
- Travel insurance is only available for four (4) people aged under 59 years of age, subject to approval by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer. In the event that the winner or his/her companions are aged 59 years of age or over, they will not be eligible to redeem the travel insurance element of the prize and it will be forfeited. The winner and his/her companions will each be required to fully complete a travel insurance application form provided by the Promoter and may also be required to undergo medical tests as required by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, in order to redeem the travel insurance element of the prize. Any person found guilty of insurance fraud or failure to honestly and accurately disclose all relevant insurance information at the time of applying for a travel insurance policy or when making a claim forfeits any rights or entitlements to the travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance will be provided by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, and subject to approval by the travel insurer. In the event that the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer refuses to issue insurance to the winner and/or companions, the winner forfeits that travel insurance element of the prize. Travel insurance is subject to the terms and conditions issued by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurer, including but not limited to any limitations on the covered amount. If the winner and/or his/her companions decline travel insurance as provided by the Promoter’s nominated travel insurance, the winner and/or his/her companions will be required to complete a travel insurance waiver form acknowledging that they understand the benefits of travel insurance but decline to take out the policy.
- The winner and his/her companions agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AUD$26,000.
- Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take / redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 10/10/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published at TriptocanadaNYE.ccpromotions.com.au from 18/10/2019.
- As a condition of accepting the winner (and his/her companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form, by the requested date.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at www.nhmrc.gov.au.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use, taking of or participation in any element of a prize.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/33487 ACT Permit No. TP19/03060 SA Permit No. T19/504